Antich & Sons Ltd
Daropeant Buildings,, Station Rd, Huddersfield HD2 1UW
Antich & Sons is a well-‐established commission weaver of Yorkshire fine worsted materials for use in high end apparel, with over 30 looms running 120hrs a week producing up to 35,000m of high quality fabric per week.
Over the past 8 years, Antich has also been applying its weaving skills to other areas by developing advanced 3D weaving capability of composite preforms for use in polymer and metal matrix composite materials for the automotive and aerospace industries. Antich is leading a number of active research projects in this arena, as well as establishing initial production series and the growth in this area has led to the requirement to add further engineering capability to the team.
Purpose & Scope:
The Composites Project Engineer is required to support active research projects, keeping technical developments progressing in line with the project scopes/timelines as well as offering new ideas and innovations. They will also support the projects from a composites engineering perspective to ensure that the composite product and performance requirements are translated into the preform / weaving requirements for the weaving team. This will free up the Research Director to spend more time managing these projects from a strategic point of view and spend more time on business development activities.
Key Result Areas:
Reporting to the Research Director, the Composites Project Engineer will be responsible for delivery of the technical developments in composite preform technology including:
– Responsible for delivering key project deliverables & milestones
– Definition & specification of engineering requirements
– Support weaving team in understanding requirements
– Attend review meetings and present progress
– Work with development partners on composite aspects which sit outside of Antich (e.g. resin infiltration or metal injection processes)
Key Performance Indicators:
– Deliverables & Milestones relative to deadlines
‐ Quality of documentation & presentations
– Successful interface & understanding with weaving team
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW