THE SKILLS SERVICE
Launched in 2018, The Skills Service offers a unique package of training and support for businesses in the Leeds City Region. Managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges and funded by the European Social Fund, the service offers:
Planning: Free Skills Plan session for SMEs to plan employee training and stay ahead of industry trends.
Funding: 40% funding from the European Social Fund towards training your workforce (eligible businesses only*).
Training: Search the current Skills Catalogue and access training and education opportunities across the region.
Find out more about The Skills Service on the website www.skillsservice.co.uk
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR SKILLS FUNDING?
To be eligible for 40% ESF funding towards the cost of training the business must:
- Be an SME based within the Leeds City Region. This includes the following districts – Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York. This can include Private Limited Companies, Partnerships and LLPs, Sole Proprietors, Self Employed and Registered Charities.
- Employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million.
- Put forward participants who work for the company based within the Leeds City Region and are aged 18 years or over.
- Operate in the following sectors – Creative and Digital, Finance and Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Low Carbon and Construction, Manufacturing and Engineering, Retail*, Health and Social Care* or Medical Technology.
- Contribute 60% of the total cost of the training.
- Not be employers in the following sectors/areas: Hair and Beauty, Voluntary Sector, Public Sector including NHS and Hospitals.
HOW TO APPLY
To check if you’re eligible for funding support please contact:
Lee Harrison – Head of Training Operations
Tel: 01484 346500