Target Audience & Prerequisites
This course is for delegates who have experience of driving a fork lift truck. It caters for operators on Counterbalance, Reach and Flexi/Bendi trucks. Training is delivered on company premises with the theory & practical combined.
The theory aspect of the programme is delivered in accordance with Approved Code of Practice L117 Health & Safety at Work Act and includes:
- The law and your responsibilities
- Truck familiarisation
- Inspection, care and maintenance
- Safety and stability
- Principles of lifting
- Loading and unloading
The practical aspect of the training programme includes:
- Introduction to truck controls & instruments
- Pre- start inspection and battery charging
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering and manoeuvring
- Hydraulic system
- Stacking and de-stacking of loads
- Driving practice
• “The instructor was very patient, explained things very clearly and made the course interesting”. Simon, Dec 16
• “Martin was very patient & was an excellent trainer. Highly recommended”. Matthew, Dec 16
• “Martin put me at ease throughout the training. Thank you”. Richard, Nov 16
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, candidates will be awarded a certificate accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Dates: Available on request. Contact the Centre for details
Venue: Training on customer premises only.
Duration: As per RTITB requirements. 1 operative = 13 hours. 2 operatives = 16.5 hours. 3 operatives = 20 hours.
Cost: Please contact the centre for costs.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course or to book a place please contact us.