£157.50 – £293.63
The Forum Hercules Business Park, Bird Hall Lane, Stockport SK3 0UX
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in Garment Technology, Design and Manufacture. You will work as a Garment Technologist for a company that designs and manufactures technical textile garments for areas such as the Fire Service.
Working week – Monday to Friday 0900-1700
Total hours per week: 37.50
We are looking for someone who is interested in the technical garment industry and is eager to learn and develop new skills.
Main Responsibilities within the role are:
• Providing technical support to the design and product development team.
• Learning about the role of a Technologist within the protective clothing industry.
• Learning to ensure all products are fit for purpose.
• Learning the specification and sampling process.
• Checking samples and filling in sample inspection reports.
• Gaining experience across all product areas
• Able to listen and follow instructions carefully
• A desire to learn and develop.
We are looking someone with an interest in Garment Technology. Ideally you will have completed Textile GCSE, A Level Textiles or even a Textile related Degree. GCSE or equivalent English and math grades at C or above are essential.
• Good, clear and effective verbal communication skills.
• Experience with using a computer ideally Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good attention to detail.
• Drawing Skills.
• Good time keeping.
Throughout the programme you be working towards being a Garment Technologist, with a view to a career within the company. This is an exciting time as the company looks to expand and grow and train its future workforce.
PLEASE PROVIDE COVERING LETTER
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW