Salary in excess of the minimum wage. Working 9am – 5pm.
Unit 7E Easton Way, Colburn, Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire, DL94GA
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We print and manufacture banners, flags and display systems for the event and exhibition industry. The majority of our systems are made with printed textile.
Our aim is to provide a bespoke service for our clients which means the sewing department have a big role to play in solving problems and creating solutions that our clients need.
We work often on short lead times to provide systems that are required for “no miss” dates. We have a dedicated team to ensure we fulfil this requirement.
The majority of our systems are printed onto textile media and all these need sewing as part of the manufacture and finishing process. Our product line is very varied so you will learn to use a wide range industrial machines in a variety of ways.
1) To learn to thread up a flat-bed industrial sewing machines and twin needle machines
2) To operate the same under supervision and eventually without, including routine maintenance etc.
3) To learn the basic sewing techniques needed for our standard products.4) To work towards solving and undertaking sewing tasks as they present themselves.
5) To ensure work is constantly self-checked for quality and any defects are spotted early in the process. The goal is to work towards 0% wastage and defects.
6) To help with on occasion in the assembly of the final products working in tandem with the printing department
Candidate must have a passion for sewing and creating.
Candidate must be punctual and reliable
Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
Vacancy is based in a small team, therefore candidate (after due training of course) will be expected to work using own initiative
Enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to work
Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
1) Basic sewing
2) Listening carefully to a brief.
3) Attention to detail.
Our sewers are exceptionally experienced and skilled. Skills learnt from these people will make the trainees a valuable member of any sewing team. We are a small company, so the trainee will have the opportunity to sample all areas of the business. Many of our products are “bespoke” so the trainees will learn not just to sew but also how to be adaptable and creative in finding bespoke solutions for clients. Skills learnt at any of these disciplines will make him/her a very valuable member of any team. Nuwave Display is expanding and these skills will also make you a valuable member of the Nuwave team in particular and our hope is that our apprentices will stay with us for the long term.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW