Ribbleden Dyeworks, Dunford Road, Holmfirth, HD9 2DP
Title: Technical Dyer
Reporting to : Dye house Manager
To oversee and control the bulk dyeing of fabric at Holmfirth Dyers
- Working with the Dye house manager you are responsible for Achievement of the Dye Plan on Winches and Jet Dyeing.
- Responsible for Shade matching of products and ensuring compliance of the shade of fabric to a set standard before leaving site.
- Responsible for recipe preparation of dyed products, ensuring the correct dyes and Chemicals are used in the correct sequence during the dyeing Process.
- Responsible for setting the dye programs ensuring that dye profiles which include Rate of rise, dwell time, etc are correctly applied on all equipment
- Responsible for evaluation of all reworks including physical evaluation of the fault type, identification of the correct remedial action and initiation of the procedure to implement remedial actions.
- Responsibilities for colour/shade matching, recipe alteration and communication of shade and recipe information to supporting personnel within the colour weighing and dyeing environments.
- To maintain robust Quality control, Environmental, Health and Safety and Compliance systems supported by continuous improvement within the dyeing operation.
- To support Quality, Product Development, systems and Group Health and Safety management when setting the performance specifications for new products and processes.
- Communicating deviations and advise on any improvements that may be required to ensure that all developments, products and processes comply to agreed specifications.
- To be an ambassador for and to represent Holmfirth Dyers and the Camira Group with Suppliers, Customers, fellow employees and members of the public.
- To manage costs within the Dyehouse ensuring the budget is controlled and maintained.
- Improve the Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Compliance Culture within Holmfirth Dyers to develop a focused right first time approach.
- Reduce Holmfirth Dyer’s cost of quality in all areas of the business.
- Drive a zero tolerance approach to poor practices with regards health and safety, quality, environmental and other compliance related issues.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of control plans that enable efficient process control whilst capturing relevant data to ensure compliance.
- To maintain product integrity at the highest standard by regularly auditing internal processes to ensure repeatability and reproducibility.
- Ensure the communication of any changes to process control plans are in line with Holmfirth Dyers and the Camira group change control procedure.
- To maintain departmental Health & Safety standards by ensuring Risk assessments, COSHH and training is completed to a high standard ensuring safe operation.
- Build quality into all business processes by challenging all members of the organisation.
- Such other duties as may from time to time be reasonably expected.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Mathematics and Numeracy Skills – Essential
Good Man Management Skills
Good Knowledge of the Textile industry
Colour Management and Colour Matching
Experience as a Technical Dyer
An ability to see differences in shade: Your colour vision may be tested.
Must work as part of a team.
An interest in chemistry.
To be a well-organised person as your workload could be varied.
To be able to lead and organise others.
- You may be working with materials that can cause irritation. This aspect of the work needs to be considered by people with certain skin conditions or those that have breathing difficulties.
- Good colour acuity / recognition
- Must be able to work in the United Kingdom
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW