Joshua Ellis Ltd
National Minimum Wage
Grange Valley Road, Batley WF17 6GH
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Greasy Percher
- Apprentice Knotter
- Apprentice Knotter/Tuner
One advert, 3 vacancies, to learn all of the above
- Health, safety, welfare and legislation in textile manufacturing
- Learn about the textile supply chain, goods, procurement and customers and effective working relationships.
- Understanding fibres, yarns and fabrics – session A (fibre classification).
- Understanding fibres, yarns and fabrics – session B (fibre practical and testing).
- Understanding textile processes (scouring, blending, carding, spinning, twisting & winding).
- Quality systems – standards of performance, measuring and analysing quality.
- Understanding textile processes: (warping, weaving, mending, finishing and inspection).
- Understanding textile processes: (nonwoven, carpet, dyeing and finishing).
- Understanding environmental impact of textiles.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good with hands, good hand eye coordination
- Good attention to detail
- Learn processes of all weaving and knotting
- Following an initial period your wage may increase to
- If shortlisted for this vacancy, you may need to attend more than one interview
PLEASE PROVIDE COVERING LETTER – INCLUDING ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW
- Explain experience/knowledge you have that makes you suitable for this role
- What has interested you in applying for this role?
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW