High Street Textile Testing Services
118 Lupton Ave, Leeds LS9 6ED
0113 248 8830
High Street Textile Testing Services Limited (High Street) is an established Textile and Consumer Product testing Laboratory based in Leeds.
Our Global Partners are MTS (Global) (Modern Testing Services). This affiliation provides increased capability and global reach in a further 16 offices and Laboratories worldwide.
We are looking for a Trainee Laboratory Technician to join our Company to support our growth.
Duties to include:
– To perform colour fastness testing such as, colourfastness to washing, dry clean, stability to washing, stability to steam, pH testing etc.
– Maintain and operate standard laboratory test equipment.
– Recording, maintaining and reporting of laboratory results.
– Using computers and performing simple mathematical calculations.
– Laboratory house keeping.
– Work in line with Health & Safety procedures.
Reports to: Louise Sheridan, Laboratory Manager.
– Candidate must possess a responsible, punctual & flexible attitude and have a good work ethic.
– Knowledge of textile testing would be an advantage.
– Good communication and IT Skills.
– Ability to work within a large team in a laboratory environment.
– GCSE grade C or above.
– Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Some overtime may be required.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
Base: Head Office Leeds, based on 5 days a week, 37.5 hours per week.
2-week rotating shifts (7.30am to 4.00pm and 9.30am to 6.00pm (8.30am to 5.00pm (Friday).
Holidays: 22 Days plus 8 statutory (Bank Holidays), moving to 25 days after 5 years.
This is not a chemist role.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW