Every business needs to have managers who are able to handle disciplinary issues in the workplace effectively. Ensuring your people know what is expected of them and the rules within which they operate is key to getting the best results from your employees. Successful businesses know that disciplinary procedures are an aid to effective management, enabling them to resolve issues quickly and cheaply rather than being used simply as a mechanism for imposing sanctions.
Suitable for leaders & managers who need to have a good working knowledge of discipline and grievance procedures, essential if potentially disruptive issues are to be resolved in the workplace rather than spilling over into a potentially costly employment tribunal.
- Have an understanding of disciplinary and grievance processes and how they can be used to manage under-performance
- Have practiced having difficult conversations with employees, who are under-performing, have high sickness levels and who have lodged grievances against people or processes.
- Be able to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Know how to set clear performance objectives and performance improvement plans
NB: Attendees will be asked to bring along a copy of their own organisations grievance and disciplinary policy & procedures to facilitate comparison and discussion during this event
• “The course provided me with a lot useful knowledge beneficial to my new role. The mock tribunal was useful as it showed a potential example & gave much more context to the course material.” Adam, June 16
• “The course helped me to understand how to implement a good discipline & grievance procedure. I enjoyed the role play, practical examples and interaction.” David, April 16
• “The course was great and I have gained more knowledge on HR procedures. I enjoyed watching the videos of scenarios that could happen.” Luke, March 16
This programme is a taught, classroom based programme, providing learners with a sound knowledge base to take into their workplace. It is delivered by qualified professionals with specific industry experience. Programmes can be tailored to the specific needs of a client where necessary. Delegates attending will receive a certificate of attendance issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Duration: This programme runs for one day, starting at 09.00 am and finishing at 4.00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day for all learners.
Course Fee: Member Companies: £95. Non-Member Companies: £110. All prices are plus VAT.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 15
Cost : Member Companies: £95 VAT / Non-Member Companies: £110 VAT
This course is available on the following dates :
25th April 2017
12th June 2017
28th September 2017
1st November 2017
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US