This course has been specifically designed to provide employees with the knowledge needed to operate safely in a work setting. The content ensures that all employees are aware of their own safety requirements as well as the safety of their customers, contractors and the public.
This programme is ideal for all employees across any sector. It provides a basic understanding of the core requirements for effective safety systems in the workplace and ensures that all employees are equipped with the knowledge they need to operate safely at work. There are no entry requirements.
This course is based on assessment of knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand roles & responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health & safety
- Understand how to identify & control the risks from common workplace hazards
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents & incidents in the workplace
Delegates attending the course will be asked to complete a multiple choice assessment paper at the end of the course. This will relate to topics delivered during the day & involves 30 questions. The pass mark is 20/30.
This programme is a taught, classroom based programme, providing learners with a sound knowledge base to take into their workplace. It is delivered by our health & safety tutor who has many years experience in this field. The course is accredited by Qualsafe & successful delegates will receive an accredited certificate.
The Centre is accredited to deliver IOSH Managing Safely and NEBOSH National General Certificate. Please contact the Centre for further information on progression opportunities.
• “I found the course interesting on how I could take information and use it at my workplace.” Daniel, Sept 16
• “A good course in which I learnt new information that I can take back to my workplace. It was a relaxed atmosphere but very informative”. Phil, Feb 16
• “I found the course informative & it will help me at work. Pete was good at how he got the information across”. Ryan, Jan 16
This programme runs for one day, starting at 09.00am and finishing at 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day for all learners.
Member Companies: £70.
Non-Member Companies: £90.
All prices are plus VAT.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.